Transcontinental Inc. and Sun Media Corp. must put 34 weekly community newspapers up for sale to safeguard competition for advertising sales in local Quebec markets, after Transcontinental agreed to buy 74 papers from its publishing rival late last year.
Unifor Local 2000 on Facebook
- Newsonomics: Tomorrow’s Life-or-Death Decisions for Newspapers are Suddenly Today’s, Thanks to Coronavirus
- All Businesses Seeing 30% Drop in Revenue Due to Pandemic Will be Eligible for 75% Wage Subsidies
- Government Boosts Wage Subsidy to 75% for Small, Medium Businesses to Avoid Layoffs
- Okanagan Valley Newspaper Group Issues Union with Section 54 Notice
- Feds Announce Boost to Emergency COVID-19 Aid Benefit