Advertising & Marketing Sales Representative
Location: The Penticton Herald – Penticton, British Columbia
This is a full-time position reporting to the Publisher & General Manager.
We are looking to expand our sales and marketing team to meet the needs of our varied
and expanding client base.
As an Advertising & Marketing Sales Representative you will be responsible for identifying,
developing and marketing plans and strategies for new and existing clients.
• Not only meet but exceed set monthly and annual sales targets.
• Attract, develop and retain new business relationships and partnerships within the community.
• Contribute to the continued, long term success of the Herald and its associated products and
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of competitive conditions, industry practices and market
opportunities in relation to client requirements.
• Motivate, inspire, and continually develop relationships with existing and new business partners.
• Sales experience
• Digital marketing experience including programmatic & social media
• Ability to think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal).
• Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
• Strong executive presence, polish, and business savvy.
• Excellent time management skills and able to convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise,
and creative way.
• Ability to build a varied and dynamic client base while working co-operatively within a team
This is a unionized commissioned sales position and pay is as per the collective agreement. Interested applicants are invited to apply, in confidence, with a handwritten cover letter and a current resumé including a minimum of 3 employment references to:
Shannon Huggard – Publisher & General Manager
Penticton Herald / Showcase Okanagan
101 186 Nanaimo Ave.West Penticton, BC V2A 1N4
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For a PDF of this posting please click here.