When I recently read that a group of Globe and Mail editors would receive bonuses based on driving subscriptions and traffic and that reporters at The Oregonian, Gawker and Forbes would be compensated on the web traffic they generated, I had an acute bout of déjà vu.
Unifor Local 2000 on Facebook
- Newsonomics: Tomorrow’s Life-or-Death Decisions for Newspapers are Suddenly Today’s, Thanks to Coronavirus
- All Businesses Seeing 30% Drop in Revenue Due to Pandemic Will be Eligible for 75% Wage Subsidies
- Government Boosts Wage Subsidy to 75% for Small, Medium Businesses to Avoid Layoffs
- Okanagan Valley Newspaper Group Issues Union with Section 54 Notice
- Feds Announce Boost to Emergency COVID-19 Aid Benefit