One year ago today, the Chicago Sun-Times eliminated its photo staff, laying off 28 full-time employees. Most of them have landed on their feet, according to email and phone interviews with many of the photographers. While they were sometimes hesitant to dwell on the layoffs, the former Sun-Times staffers filled me in on how their lives — and those of the photographers I couldn’t reach — have changed since May 30, 2013.
Unifor Local 2000 on Facebook
- An open letter from the Reporters at Star Vancouver
- StarMetro Vancouver gives notice to the Union that they are shutting down StarMetro Papers
- Mitchell Press is looking for a Prepress Operator – Print
- Membership Update – What the Major Parties Say About Media Industry Issues
- What the Major Parties Say About Media Industry Issues