One year ago today, the Chicago Sun-Times eliminated its photo staff, laying off 28 full-time employees. Most of them have landed on their feet, according to email and phone interviews with many of the photographers. While they were sometimes hesitant to dwell on the layoffs, the former Sun-Times staffers filled me in on how their lives — and those of the photographers I couldn’t reach — have changed since May 30, 2013.
Unifor Local 2000 on Facebook
- Restarting the Economy: What manufacturing workers need to know
- Restarting the Economy: What media workers need to know
- Those Who Use Media Content Should Pay ‘Fair Share’: Heritage Minister
- PNG Members Vote to Approve Letter of Agreement Re: Temporary Reduction of Hours
- PNG Members: May 27, 2020 Layoff Update