JOB POSTING – DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR – FULL TIME
Mitchell has grown into a Visual Communication company with a rich history in print craft, combined with industry-leading technology and sustainable practices. We are focused on building a team culture that delivers exceptional client experiences every day. If you are like us, humble, hungry, have super talents, and love to work in a fast paced inclusive environment? Join us.
We currently have an opportunity for two proven performers to enhance their careers with Western Canada’s leading print-marketing company. Our full-time DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR position is an excellent opportunity in an in-demand trade based out of our Burnaby location.
- Operate Digital and Large Format presses
- Be collaborative and cooperative, working with our Sales, Coordinators, Bindery and Shipping departments
- Learn to operate small equipment such as cutting, stitching, and folding equipment
- Possess mechanical and technical apptitude
- Ensure quality standards are being met
- Use the company’s ERP system to track time and charge material usage
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Able to work in a deadline driven, collaborative team environment
- An excellent communicator with attention to detail
- Reliable and extremely well organized
- Seen to have a positive attitude and look forward to working in a culture that promotes collaboration
- Proactive, organized and can handle multiple tasks with a passion for problem-solving, always providing solutions
- Able to prioritize, and focus on a busy environment, often changing priorities as needed to meet customer expectations
- Flexible and able to work various shifts
- Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Someone with an eye for detail, understanding the last mile is the most important
- Strong computer skills on both Mac and PC platforms
- Understanding of digital production processes
- Proficiency in English language
- Colour management skills
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a printing environment
- Adobe Acrobat and MS Office (Excel, Word)
- This Union position provides extended health and dental benefits, as well as a pension plan.
- Pay is up to $28.86.hr based on a 36-hour work week.
- We have two vacancies for this position.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Please forward resumes to: email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, please note that only those short-listed will be contacted for the next steps. Mitchell is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to inclusiveness, equality and accessibility.
For a PDF copy of this posting click here.