JOB POSTING: DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR
Since 1928, Mitchell has grown into a print marketing company with a rich history in print craft, combined with industry-leading technology and sustainable practices. We are focused on building a team culture that delivers exceptional client experiences every day. If you are like us… humble, hungry, have super talents and love to work in a fast-paced inclusive environment, come join us!
We currently have an opportunity for a proven performer to enhance their career with Western Canada’s leading print marketing company. Our full-time DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR position is an excellent opportunity in an in-demand trade.
• Operate Digital and Large Format presses
• Be collaborative and cooperative, working with our Sales, Coordinators, Bindery and Shipping departments
• Learn to operate small equipment such as cutting, stitching, and folding equipment
• Possess mechanical and technical apptitude
• Ensure quality standards are being met
• Use the company’s ERP system to track time and charge material usage
• Able to work in a deadline driven, collaborative team environment
• An excellent communicator with attention to detail
• Reliable and extremely well organized
• Seen to have a positive attitude and look forward to working in a culture which promotes collaboration
• Proactive, organized and can handle multiple tasks with a passion for problem solving, always providing solutions
• Able to prioritize, and focus on a busy environment, often changing priorities as needed to meet customer expectations
• Flexible and able to work various shifts
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
• Someone with an eye for detail, understanding the last mile is the most important
• Strong computer skills on both Mac and PC platforms
YOU MIGHT HAVE:
• Understanding of digital production processes
• Color management skills
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a printing environment
• Adobe Acrobat and MS Office (Excel, Word)
This Union position provides extended health and dental benefits, as well as a pension plan. Pay is $28.86/hr based on 36-hour work week.
5+ years of experience in similar role Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a PDF of this posting, click here.