Union job posting: Industrial Electrician
Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada’s Top Employers?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada’s Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Do you have a passion for working hands on with factory equipment? If so, Purdys might be looking just for someone like you.
Our Production Factory on Kingsway in Vancouver, BC is looking for an Industrial Electrician to join our Maintenance team! This position is open to recently graduated/ticketed Electricians who are looking to build their career in the food manufacturing industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Maintains, repairs, rebuilds, or installs any production or other equipment and fixtures within the boundary of the individual’s certification using appropriate hand tolls, shop tools or equipment
- Applies required knowledge and experience in the preventive maintenance and provides technical support and decision making during breakdown situations
- Provides electrical services for new machinery in accordance to the codes and standards
- Writes reports of work required for repairs/maintenance
- Communicates with production supervisors to schedule machine down time for major repairs
- Ability to analyze and interpret building drawings, technical literature, equipment specifications
- Organizes and maintains spare parts inventories under the direction of the supervisor
- Completes work orders documenting time spent and parts used according to established procedures
- Carries out responsibilities identified in the Purdy’s Quality Management System including required documentation and quality checks
- Complies with all companies GMP’s
- Complies with all safety policy, accident prevention and compliance programs; reviews work areas for potential issues that could result in losses and reports injuries and hazards
- Maintains area to a satisfactory level of cleanliness and sanitation
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of computerized maintenance programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
- 1-2 years of experience working on food processing equipment
- Electrician ticket is required
- Good understanding of AC and DC motors
- Excellent knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), servo motors and servo drives
- Can create neat accurate and legible reports
- Ability to enter data into the computer/CMMS SystemPlease apply through the following link: Industrial Electrician
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please. Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org