The Kelowna Daily Courier is looking to fill a District Manager Position.
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Kelowna, BC
General Summary Direct, manage and coordinate distribution and customer service activities. Direct strategic planning for distribution contractors and customer services. Contracting and training of delivery personnel.
- Contract and train daily newspaper carriers
- Develop and maintain delivery system that ensures business needs are met
- Manage customer service activities including quality ensuring that KDC customer service creates competitive advantage in marketplace including resolving critical customer complaints
- Organize and encourage teamwork within the office to ensure distribution requirements are met. Must be a team player.
- Contractor development through performance management and expectation setting
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Overtime maybe necessary if business conditions make scheduling necessary
- Hours are varying based on needs of the business, including early mornings and weekends
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in standard business office software
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment with daily deadlines
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability, and professional demeanor
For full posting, click HERE.